Sunday, July 30, 2006

Shopping for Art Supplies

Wow - I went on the hunt for various supplies for watercolor (wanted pencils), calligraphy (pens, ink and paper), and general journaling. That was fun! I wandered through my local Dick Blick for over an hour today.
Then off to Joanns and Michaels to look for a few other items - like a transfer tool. This has been my weekend for new "toys". A calligraphy pen! WOW...not sure how it and I will take but I need to try it before I take a class with Lisa Engelbrecht down in Houston for Quilt Festival. I figure if I can at least know how to hold it before I have to try it on fabric...that would be a good thing!
Then between Lisa's class and my Leslie Riley classes I needed to get watercolor paper and canvas...oh that was fun too! And then I got to looking at the flat canvas...I think those could be used (once I locate the Transfer Tool) with the photos for the artwork I have for Laura...I am thinking layers of them now!

So, that was my last "fling" in shopping for a while. The clerks at Dick Blick and I were talking...they have a hard time not buying up the store. Boy can I understand that! It was fun...but expensive. I think they should be given supplies once in a while to try so someone in the store can recommend which watercolor pencils to buy...or the papers. And then the paints...well I am rapidly getting hooked on Goldens...love those gel mediums! Amazing what you can do with them.

Thats all for now! Got to try posting a picture soon!

No comments: