Monday, July 03, 2006

Libraries

Oh I "found" my library again. Ok I used to use it but found I was so bogged down with work and such I stopped going. Recently I seem to be ordering from Overstock of Amazon a lot!

Why find my library again? Well, I went to my local quilt store Saturday (they had books and patterns on sale) and found three books that were on my mental wish list. I am so glad I did. After a few minutes skimming EACH book I eliminated them all from my personal library at this time. I am not saying forever, but right now they don't interest me. One is too avante garde for me and the others - too basic or they repeat books I already own.

Well in checking out my local library website (http://www.lvccld.org/) I found out that I can 1 - view their library catalog on line to see if a book is in the system, 2 - see what branch its at, 3 - see if its checked out or available there and 4 - reserve the book and have it sent to my local branch!

WOW!!!

So, since I have a shopping cart/wish list at Overstock and Amazon I am testing this ability - was able to reserve 4 books I have been wanting (creative endevors and self help books). We will see how it goes. But even if I can't get the reserve to work the other three are FANTASTIC! To know where it is and if its there...that saves so much leg work.

Go visit your local library - or better yet - locate it on line and visit it.

No comments: